Some Cleaning up
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

Some Cleaning up

by Punix-GT » 13 Aug 2004, 13:27

This is just to let everyone know that I'm about to do some cleaning up in the membership here soon. Particularly with the members who have 0 to 1 post.

Anyone who has been here for 6 months with zero to one post shall be deleted then notified.

Anyone who has been here from 3 to 6 months with zero to one post shall be frozen then notified.

Anyone who replies to the notification that they want their account to continue staying active, shall have their account reinstated. If the user does not reply to the notice (which is sent via email) or our message was bounced back to us (i.e. mailerdaemon, or full email box) then the account is either deleted or frozen after a week's notice.

If the user gets the message too late and the account is deleted, the user will be given the grand opportunity to reregister with the-spot.net

This is just an incentive to post more ^__^ And I'm sure this doesn't apply to anyone who is active. This is just something to let you in on. So don't fret if you see the membership count lowered.

- UraniumPoppySeed (on behalf of the TSN Admin)
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 15 Aug 2004, 14:36

An Update:

Last night, I got around to freeze 16 accounts and sending off emails...Only two of them bounced back, which resulted in me deleting those two members. So we currently have 14 members with 0-1 post and have been inactive for over 3 months. In a week from last night, if none of them replies back with an email to reinstate their TSN account, they will be deleted.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 15 Aug 2004, 16:00

When that week is up, for those members that haven't posted in 3 months or more, a similar thing will happen to them:

For members who have been members, but haven't posted in 3 months or more, their accounts will be deactivated, and sent an email. If they do not post within the next 3 months or their email bounces back, or they do not reply to the email, their accounts will either be deleted, or left deactivated for other reasons.

If someone you know who is on the site hasn't posted in 3 months or more, please let them know what's going to happen, and hopefully they will come back and join us - lots of exciting things are happening here, one of which is the addition of all these new members.

We're just trying to keep the site cleaned up from useless database space and keep our numbers accurate, so we can see how much we're growing.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 16 Aug 2004, 13:18

What makes an email bounce back? An inactive email right?
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 16 Aug 2004, 14:11

inactive, fake, or a full email will cause an email to bounce back to us. I've already deleted another member because of a delayed bounce.