tsnLAN 2015 Date Poll Thread
Got something going on you want to announce? Garage Sale, birthday, parties? Let everyone know the details here!

Which weekend works best for you?

Poll ended at 16 Jun 2015, 22:14
Sat, June 27th
50%
Sat, July 4th
No votes
I can be there on either!
33%
Other, posted as a reply
17%

Total votes: 6
DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

Re: tsnLAN 2015 Date Poll Thread

by DMoney » 16 Jun 2015, 09:34

Well, since it's looking like the 27th won....what time are you wanting to do it? Roexian told me he might be able to go that day. I'll be bringing Smash Up (a crazy addictive card game). What other things would you want us to bring?
-D$
:ninja:

Neo
The One

by Neo » 16 Jun 2015, 09:57

DMoney wrote:Well, since it's looking like the 27th won....what time are you wanting to do it? Roexian told me he might be able to go that day. I'll be bringing Smash Up (a crazy addictive card game). What other things would you want us to bring?
Funny you should ask, I just posted all the details here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4649
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

Re: tsnLAN 2015

by Pam » 19 Jun 2015, 14:34

Neo wrote:Well, Me and GlennCoco are one of the "either" weekend votes...idk who the other is. And there are 3 votes for the 27th. So that's 6 people. But I don't know who the votes are for - if for one or multiple people
I'm the other "either" vote, but I'm not sure if it's for one or multiple people yet. Lol!

Neo
The One

Re: tsnLAN 2015

by Neo » 19 Jun 2015, 17:43

Pam wrote:
Neo wrote:Well, Me and GlennCoco are one of the "either" weekend votes...idk who the other is. And there are 3 votes for the 27th. So that's 6 people. But I don't know who the votes are for - if for one or multiple people
I'm the other "either" vote, but I'm not sure if it's for one or multiple people yet. Lol!
Well, it'd be best for as many people to carpool as possible. I do live on a corner lot, so there is a lot of side-street parking available, but the fewer cars, the better for everyone.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 20 Jun 2015, 05:15

I voted for the 27th. The 4th would generally be a bad idea for me since family related get-togethers are a big thing on holidays. Besides, even if that weren't the case, since it's the first Saturday of the month, I'd be hosting Ingress First Saturday in the East Texas area.
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

Neo
The One

by Neo » 20 Jun 2015, 23:46

Punix-GT wrote:I voted for the 27th. The 4th would generally be a bad idea for me since family related get-togethers are a big thing on holidays. Besides, even if that weren't the case, since it's the first Saturday of the month, I'd be hosting Ingress First Saturday in the East Texas area.
Sweet. I'm so glad you're going to be able to make it Punix! I was starting to worry there wouldn't be anyone coming from East Texas. I'm hoping that others will want to ride with you, like Lei Lei (who was hesitant about her kids) and wonder6oy & wonder6irl...even though they were just in town last weekend.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 22 Jun 2015, 14:04

Wonder6oy and Wonder6irl have two small WonderKids that I highly doubt that'd be possible. You could ask em though.
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 22 Jun 2015, 15:39

And now there's the possibility I won't be able to make it because of a possible piano move in Houston >_> uhhh, now its a wait and see scenario

Neo
The One

by Neo » 23 Jun 2015, 19:14

KD wrote:Wonder6oy and Wonder6irl have two small WonderKids that I highly doubt that'd be possible. You could ask em though.
There are several parks nearby that they could play at. They did just drive to DFW two weekends in a row though.
Punix-GT wrote:And now there's the possibility I won't be able to make it because of a possible piano move in Houston >_> uhhh, now its a wait and see scenario
This really pares the likely guest list down to just the folks from DFW :frown:

This may end up turning less into a LAN party and more into a get-together, since I never had 1-to-1 connections to all the people who used to game...a lot of it was friend-of-a-friend connections.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 23 Jun 2015, 21:05

So, I did some research based on a comment made by DMoney in another thread, and found a LAN Arena right near my house, with similar prices to Arena Tyler. http://epicgaminglounge.com/

They don't have any good photos of the inside, but they boast 20 PCs and 40 consoles. That might actually be enough to get everyone covered for games if we do another one...like in December or something. The only downside is they don't have Unreal Tournament on their list of games for PC.

Maybe some more planning could be involved in a winter LAN party and it could either be semi-remote (where there are 2-3 clusters of players at someone's house with high-speed internet and we could fire up some video chats between the locations, and host some Steam-based or self-hosted server-based games. Not sure how that would all work for console-based games like Game Cube where there is no internet connection though.

If we can bring some more folks back to the site to discuss the possibility of a winter LAN party, maybe we can work out a deal with the LAN Arena to get UT on their computers.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 24 Jun 2015, 09:11

Neo wrote:This may end up turning less into a LAN party and more into a get-together...
Honestly that's what I've been thinking it is the whole time. I'm not sure how many PC gamers we're actually going to have show up. I'm bringing my laptop just in case, even though I don't have most of those games. Either way, it'll still be fun, and I'm looking forward to it.
-D$
:ninja:

Neo
The One

by Neo » 24 Jun 2015, 11:44

Well, I wanted to do a throwback to when everyone would get together at the Deptula house - but hopefully have a little better air-conditioning situation than we ended up with there with so many people. And of course provide FIOS internet for gaming of whatever type. I guess it'll just need a little more planning and time, so people can make arrangements.

An out of the blue event for people with kids and summers and plans obviously doesn't go over well if they aren't expecting it. Queen Mab is in Germany, Day_Dreamer is in France, a couple Deptula Demise folks have new jobs/no jobs, and many folks have little kids they would have to bring several hours, who aren't old enough to enjoy gaming.

Maybe in a couple years, if things are still going, we can host a lan party with kids who are old enough to game, and pass the torch.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 27 Jun 2015, 03:12

Neo wrote:They don't have any good photos of the inside, but they boast 20 PCs and 40 consoles. That might actually be enough to get everyone covered for games if we do another one...like in December or something. The only downside is they don't have Unreal Tournament on their list of games for PC.
Arena Tyler didn't have Unreal Tournament either when we first visited, we fixed that real quickly lol!

I'm bringing my jumpdrive with me that has Unreal Tournament with all the fixin's =D

Neo
The One

by Neo » 27 Jun 2015, 09:48

Ok. I Also have Unreal installed via Steam, and from your original copy...so we should be covered with 3 versions to try if one doesn't work.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]