tsnLAN 2015 Date Poll Thread
Got something going on you want to announce? Garage Sale, birthday, parties? Let everyone know the details here!

Which weekend works best for you?

Poll ended at 16 Jun 2015, 22:14
Sat, June 27th
50%
Sat, July 4th
No votes
I can be there on either!
33%
Other, posted as a reply
17%

Total votes: 6
Neo
The One

tsnLAN 2015 Date Poll Thread

by Neo » 08 Jun 2015, 22:14

As I mentioned over in my Journal, once we settled into our new house, I'd offer up a LAN Party for the first time in years. The only problem is usually the Summer Weekends are seriously booked for everyone. So I've got a two weekend window available for everyone to choose from:
  • June 27th
  • July 4th
I know July 4th is an unlikely weekend as it's a holiday, but maybe that also makes it a likely weekend, since it'll probably be a 4-day weekend on either the friday or monday depending where you work (or maybe not at all).

If the "Either Weekend" Option wins, we'll plan it for whichever of the other weekends has the most. If Either Weekend is the only thing to get votes, we'll plan it for June 27th.

So, make your voice heard and vote in the poll above...and then let everyone know what you voted for (or at least Neo, so he knows to give you his address). If neither of those work, still vote on the third option to let me know who would make it, but can't on either of those weekends...and then post the weekend(s) that you would be able to make it. If you CAN make it those weekends, and are also able to make it to another suggested weekend, let me know that so I can gauge how many would be able to make it on that suggested weekend.

The Games Du'Jour would be the usual:
  • Unreal Tournament GOTY
  • UT3 Black Edition (on Steam)
  • Minecraft (remote server)
  • Rockband or Guitar Hero on XBOX 360
  • Smash Brothers Melee on Wii w/ GC controllers
  • Any games brought for Wii or XBOX 360. I also have a Sega and PSOne that can be hooked up
I hope to see lots of you there, just like old times!
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

MightySushi
Level 2 - Post Spell Learned

Re: tsnLAN 2015

by MightySushi » 08 Jun 2015, 23:13

I can't come to either. I work both of those weekends. Now I'm a saaaaaad panda.
"smurf the world, I am a panda"

Neo
The One

by Neo » 08 Jun 2015, 23:18

MightyPanda wrote:I can't come to either. I work both of those weekends. Now I'm a saaaaaad panda.
Is it too late to request one of those Saturdays off, or switch a shift with someone? (idk what kind of work you do these days)
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 08 Jun 2015, 23:23

I'll run this poll until June 16th, then we'll make the decision based on the results. Hopefully that will be enough time to for everyone to request off (10 days) if they need to for the 27th, if that is what it looks like it will be, or for July 4th if they need to.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 09 Jun 2015, 22:37

I guess I should have mentioned in the original post to let everyone know what you voted for - so at least I will know who's intending to come on which day(s). I will need to know who to send my address to, since that's not a thing I just post out online for everyone to see.

I'm pretty sure DMoney is one of the people who is coming - and I'm one of the "Either Weekends work" votes. Who else?
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

MightySushi

by MightySushi » 10 Jun 2015, 11:13

Neo wrote:
MightyPanda wrote:I can't come to either. I work both of those weekends. Now I'm a saaaaaad panda.
Is it too late to request one of those Saturdays off, or switch a shift with someone? (idk what kind of work you do these days)
No, my work schedule is not flexible this time around. Sometimes it is, just not this time. However, on the 27th, I will be in a giant hamburger eating contest...for work...lol

Neo
The One

by Neo » 10 Jun 2015, 21:29

MightyPanda wrote:
Neo wrote:
No, my work schedule is not flexible this time around. Sometimes it is, just not this time. However, on the 27th, I will be in a giant hamburger eating contest...for work...lol
Is the contest giant, or are the hamburgers giant? If it's the contest - eat an extra 5 burgers for me! If the burgers are giant, go that little bit past what you feel is "ok" for me!
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

MightySushi

by MightySushi » 11 Jun 2015, 01:08

The hamburger is giant. It is a 6 pound burger, and to win I have to be the first person to finish it in an hour. So far there are only 5 contestants.

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 12 Jun 2015, 09:22

MightyPanda wrote:It is a 6 pound burger,
O_O
Where will this contest be, and how can I join in?!?!
-D$
:ninja:

Neo
The One

by Neo » 12 Jun 2015, 17:58

I believe it's in Nac.

I tried to eat a 5lb hamburger in Jackson, Mississippi, but I had only 20 minutes... I couldn't get through more than 2/3 of it...not to mention the fries and root beer float I still had. When we got back to the hotel, I had a revelation about why models are prone to throwing up after eating - I felt soo much better. I didn't want burgers for a month.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

MightySushi

by MightySushi » 13 Jun 2015, 04:16

Neo wrote:I believe it's in Nac.

I tried to eat a 5lb hamburger in Jackson, Mississippi, but I had only 20 minutes... I couldn't get through more than 2/3 of it...not to mention the fries and root beer float I still had. When we got back to the hotel, I had a revelation about why models are prone to throwing up after eating - I felt soo much better. I didn't want burgers for a month.
Yea it is in nac. And I will only have the burger to eat thank jesus.

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 15 Jun 2015, 11:15

Oh my goodness! Good luck on the contest!

Neo, dex and I would totally come but atm he is going to school and had to quit his previous job. So now he's job hunting for a job that can work around his school schedule and I'm the only income right now. So pretty much, we can't afford to go up there right now. :(
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Neo
The One

by Neo » 15 Jun 2015, 15:22

KD wrote:Oh my goodness! Good luck on the contest!

Neo, dex and I would totally come but atm he is going to school and had to quit his previous job. So now he's job hunting for a job that can work around his school schedule and I'm the only income right now. So pretty much, we can't afford to go up there right now. :(
Aww, smurfin'. I know how all that financial stuff is - that's why I had to stop coming to Tyler...I literally ran out of money. If this one goes well, then there will be more...and probably more people invited too. You will be missed.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 15 Jun 2015, 15:34

Neo wrote:If this one goes well, then there will be more...
Right now it looks like we'll have 3 people there? :/ Hopefully we can get more than that to show up.
-D$
:ninja:

Neo
The One

by Neo » 15 Jun 2015, 22:53

Well, Me and GlennCoco are one of the "either" weekend votes...idk who the other is. And there are 3 votes for the 27th. So that's 6 people. But I don't know who the votes are for - if for one or multiple people.

TBH idk if I could handle everyone at my house if everyone who ever came decided to show up. I'd have to charge for electricity at that point.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]