Vaccinations vs Anti-Vaccination
Invite your friends over, pour a couple drinks, have a seat together in the living room for a general, but more serious discussion about stuff in general.

Neo
The One

Vaccinations vs Anti-Vaccination

by Neo » 16 Apr 2015, 14:35

Yeah..that topic. The topic you can’t discuss on Facebook without getting a barrage of noise.

The thing that concerns me about it all is that the idea of a conspiracy would take precedence over scientific and historic evidence proving that the connection between vaccinations and the genetic disorders cannot be made.

Yet there is still a growing number of people who are choosing to put their child’s health into their own less educated hands instead of trusting the facts from experiments they are unable to carry out themselves, and going off already disproven and discredited information.

I realize I’ve already framed my position on this, but the question still remains. Is anyone able to explain why someone would choose to go this route instead of decades-proven results and methods?
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

Re: Vaccinations vs Anti-Vaccination

by DMoney » 16 Apr 2015, 14:43

HAH, funny you would start a topic about this. In the stupid English class I'm taking right now, I have to write a 10-page persuasive paper on this topic, and I've chosen to specifically write about why parents should vaccinate their children. We've seen how over time vaccinations can eradicate diseases. Why go against that and put not just yourself and your children at risk, but everyone else around you? I personally feel that the pro-diseasers won't stop until some large breakouts of diseases start occurring again.
-D$
:ninja:

Neo
The One

by Neo » 16 Apr 2015, 14:46

Well, here's some commentary for your paper, and an example of a mom who changed her mind when all 7 kids came down with Whooping Cough at the same time http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/3 ... _7_of_her/
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 16 Apr 2015, 14:54

Nice! My paper is pretty much done, I'm turning it on Monday, but I'll see if I can fit her story in somewhere. It definitely goes right along with my purpose and stance on the topic.
-D$
:ninja: