The Giant Global game of Ingress
ALL THE GAMES! If you're into the sportsball and moving the thing into the place, talk about it here. Or maybe you'd rather just lob some rockets and tally some headshots - in that case, I'll show you to your white room after you put on this white long-sleeve coat.

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

Re: The Giant Global game of Ingress

by Punix-GT » 21 Apr 2015, 04:15

I'm not entirely sure why, but I made a mission at the Texas Forestry Museum in Lufkin, and I haven't done it yet. It's been sitting there for 2 months, and only 1 person has done it and it's not me >_> I've made several trips to Lufkin since then, but I've always ended up getting distracted, including Standpipe Coffee (purrrrrr). It's not a hard mission to do either.

This needs to be remedied soon.

I did make a mission that may be closer to you guys than I, and it's at a very small town called Ben Wheeler, that would be east of y'all. There aren't very many missions over there apparently
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 21 Apr 2015, 23:22

A Town called Ben Wheeler???? Never heard of it. But that is the name of the main character from ABC Family's Baby Daddy! LOL I love that show.

Anywho. You'll have to show us how to "make" missions, but when I get a chance, I'm going to try to do the one at the cemetery next to me.

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 22 Apr 2015, 02:27

Yeah, it's generally a good idea to do a couple of missions first before you look into making them. I'm working on a HUGE mission for downtown Nacogdoches since it is the oldest town in Texas. I've got to meet up with the local historian before I do though

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 28 Apr 2015, 00:18

Huh, Neo, apparently I still have a portal in Allen, in my name and I long lost the key. Didn't even know I still had portals over there, and it's almost a level 8 portal. So I'm a bit surprised it's still standing after all this time since I couldn't recharge it or anything

Neo
The One

by Neo » 28 Apr 2015, 07:52

I guess I missed it when I went looking after you had left. Which one is it?
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 28 Apr 2015, 22:47

It was at the Allen Historical site. There's a mission there. My portal is gone now though. I shouldn't have any more that way. Unless something else pops up

Neo
The One

by Neo » 28 Apr 2015, 22:57

Oh, I'm not even sure where that is. I thought you managed to have one still in the Watter's Creek area, which usually has a high turnover.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 29 Apr 2015, 03:20

lol, some of those actually did manage to survive for a few weeks surprisingly enough

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 02 May 2015, 04:48

It was an exciting day for me today in regards to Ingress! My first portal submission finally went live today! What's better is that it's near my work ^____^ So after work I utilized the hell out of it and did a lot of fielding! I've already got my gold fielding badge so it wasn't like I was trying to get my fielding up or anything. I am about 1500 links short from making gold, but with the new sojourner medal, I'll be level 13 by Sunday at 7:30pm :headrock:

And once I do some minor repairs to my car and do some traveling, add some money to my hotspot, I'll just need about 44 more uniques (pioneer badge) to get gold! Then I'll be at level 14!!!

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 11 May 2015, 15:14

Ok, 3 posts in a row, alrighty then. So I'm level 13. Turns out I don't even need another gold. In fact, I don't need another medal as I've already got all my platinum and onyx badges to reach level 16. At this point, it's all ap grinding.

Anyways, So I finally created and registered Lufkin's first First Saturday! I did this last night and I've already got around 90 people looking at the event with quite a few maybes. Some of those maybes even include some Austin players driving through as well as some San Antonio players. Pretty trippy on my behalf if you ask me. I'm really looking forward to this! I even have a trophy we're going to use for the event! =D I just have to paint it though

Neo
The One

by Neo » 11 May 2015, 19:34

What do you mean "First Saturday?"
In Dallas, that means something different - as in the first Saturday of every month, vendors gather in an area under the Dallas Mix Master to pedal their wears (computer parts, electronics, and otherwise general stolen crap you'd likely find at a drugstore.)
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 12 May 2015, 03:13

First Saturday does mean the first Saturday of the month. In regards to Ingress though, First Saturday is where local agents from both sides come together to meet, socialize, play, level up, and just generally having a good time. Dallas area also has an Ingress First Saturday. There is an edge of competition though, no surprise, that whichever teams gathers the most ap will win the FS Trophy. The Trophy itself can be anything, well, almost anything. I'm using a wooden mannequin that I'm going to paint with both team colors split down the middle. I'm trying to figure out how to make a stencil of the x-fac symbol though to apply to the face of this mannequin. I'm contemplating on another Trophy for the individual who gathers the most ap.

Afterwards, most of us are going to hit up the local brewery that's right across the street from our starting point in downtown Lufkin and enjoy some good brew ^_^

FS for this area is a pretty big thing though, considering the closest one to us is in Shreveport and most people don't want to make that drive. We're more of a city-town. In fact, it's pretty surprising the amount of people who are backing me up on this as I'm the one who is organizing the event. My rival is helping me out on this as well, but it's mainly me right now, and I'm alright with that.