Comic TV Shows
Did you see the what that guy did in the show with the person at the place with the stuff? OMG it excited my eyeholes!

bethnangel
Level 6 - Quest taker

Re: Comic TV Shows

by bethnangel » 26 Apr 2015, 20:20

Gotta give it a second chance when it hits Netflix or prime. They have covered lots of the top characters, and they left room for more growth later.
beth><>

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 26 Apr 2015, 21:47

I just started watching Daredevil. Not too far into it yet, but I'm really liking what I'm watching
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 27 Apr 2015, 08:48

Punix-GT wrote:I just started watching Daredevil. Not too far into it yet, but I'm really liking what I'm watching
I'm 4 eps in and I like it but I'm not loving it as much as I expected to. Maybe the hype got my hopes up. But then again, I always like the "reveal" and that hasn't happened (if it ever will). I've been screaming at Flash to do the reveal already for Iris but so far, no luck.

Also, just saying, Thursday, seeing Avengers 2 VIP style. Aww yeah!
The deeper darker me ever grows,
Until the light burns it apart,
Leaving behind my scorched and naked heart.

"Those who submit are not always weak" - Hyacinth

Neo
The One

by Neo » 27 Apr 2015, 09:20

Vanyl wrote:Also, just saying, Thursday, seeing Avengers 2 VIP style. Aww yeah!
Ooo, what is VIP style?

I'm not sure when we're going to see it - but it'll probably be this weekend.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 27 Apr 2015, 10:22

Neo wrote:
Vanyl wrote:Also, just saying, Thursday, seeing Avengers 2 VIP style. Aww yeah!
Ooo, what is VIP style?

I'm not sure when we're going to see it - but it'll probably be this weekend.
Cineplex (the main theatre chain here) rolled out some VIP theatres which are separated in their own area in a theatre complex. They have 2-3 screens, with their own lounge out front. You have to be 19+ to enter the VIP area because they serve alcohol. They have a full kitchen of pub food fare (beyond the fast food pizza/hot dog stuff) as well as your basic concessions. Once in the theatres, the seating is pre-assigned when you purchase your tickets (you pick your seats) and every two seats is a side table for your stuff/food/drinks, as well as your usual cup holders. The seats recline and are leather. They're also spaced out more so you don't have to stand up when people come down the isle. The tables all have menus as well and the staff will come to your seats and take your order as well as bring it to your seats before the movie. This include the full kitchen and bar/mixed drinks menu.

We usually do VIP because of the space (my bf fits in these seats because he's too tall for the normal ones), the reclining features, the 19+ limit (necessity for things like transformers/super hero movies/pirates of the caribbean because of the popularity with small kids) and the assigned seating (no need to line up hours in advance for opening night seats). The drinks aren't bad, and I like having them brought to us at our seats, but we don't always order something. It's still movie theatre pricing after all (which is the same as restaurant pricing, really).

Neo
The One

by Neo » 27 Apr 2015, 12:42

That sounds like the theater we go to now as well. The exact same features, except it's 18+ (or accompanied by an 18yr old...which sucks) at in a balcony. It really is a nice way to see movies like the Lego movie, and not have to deal with a bunch of kids, or the long rows of people.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 27 Apr 2015, 14:04

Yeah, everyone here has to be 19+ and they card at the door. I love it for the all-age appealing movies for that reason. Sucks for Disney movies because they never play in the VIP. Only way to do Avengers though.

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 15 May 2015, 11:15

A couple of updates since I last posted here. I finished DareDevil....and the ending was awesome. For the most part I enjoyed the show and the development of everything, though some scenes I feel like they took a bit too far (my wife had to ask me to turn the volume down a couple of times). I'm excited for next season though.

Has anyone seen the teaser/trailer for Supergirl coming to CBS???? It looks SO GOOD! I really hope it'll be close to what they're making it look like. I'm really excited about this show!

Avengers 2 was crazy awesome.....way better than the first. That is all.
-D$
:ninja:

Neo
The One

by Neo » 16 May 2015, 09:29

I actually felt that the second avengers fell flat for me. I couldn't figure out why until I read an article on Wired mentioning the fact that there were 14 characters in a 141 minute movie, giving 10 minutes each for character development. Then there were the obligatory fight scenes that didn't have to be there cutting down on the characters' time. And there was all the out of place back story about Hulk and Black Widow... And Hawkeye's family. And then then villain, while an actual character, seemed like it was too soon for a self made enemy when there are all these other villains from other worlds that could have created a more credible threat.

And Elizabeth Olson doesn't have Russian accent... And shouldn't pretend.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 19 May 2015, 13:49

What character development is really needed though? We have all the other Marvel movies to do all that for us. We only need character development for Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Ultron, and Vision. Some of the stories they threw in were a little out of place, I'll agree with that. And yes, I have no idea why they picked Elizabeth Olson and don't agree with that choice.
-D$
:ninja:

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 20 May 2015, 10:16

I enjoyed the movie for the spectacle aspect of it. In terms of the content, there were a few points I took issue with, in various ways. An example of this being the treatment of Black Widow in the franchise in general, including the movie. There was a lot of "did they really need that" moments in the movie but overall as an action/entertainment movie, I liked it. As usual, I thought the writing was on point, more so than most other movies. I felt it was fluid and realistic most of the time and really highlighted chemistry within the group.

The ending was whatever, though. I could have done without it.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 20 May 2015, 22:50

Vanyl wrote:The ending was whatever, though. I could have done without it.
What part are you referring to?
DMoney wrote:What character development is really needed though? We have all the other Marvel movies to do all that for us.
I guess that is what my issue was with it all...it felt like a crossover episode.

I'm an avid watcher of family guy (though not current on the series, I watch the old ones), and I know a thing or two about the Simpsons. But when the Griffins went to Springfield, I watched the episode with high hopes. But when the 30 minutes (minus commercial time) was up, it felt like the majority of the movie was explaining how the Griffins got there, and who these yellow people were. The "conflict" was artificial and forced, while the rest of the episode focused on pairing up the characters between the shows to display their similarity. It felt empty when it was done - like it should have been an hour long show, but they gave up halfway through it.

I probably just need to watch it again - and catch up with the Agents of Shield, and Agent Carter. Maybe I'm missing something by not watching those.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 22 May 2015, 13:01

Neo wrote:
Vanyl wrote:The ending was whatever, though. I could have done without it.
What part are you referring to?

and catch up with the Agents of Shield, and Agent Carter. Maybe I'm missing something by not watching those.
The "new" team part. I was eye rolling at that.

And you may be missing something but not as much as they would like you to think.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 29 Jul 2015, 12:48

I saw Ant-Man a couple weekends ago. It was a typical Paul Rudd movie. I guess I wasn't expecting much ever since I saw they were doing it back in 2012. I had never heard of Ant-Man until then, and had nothing to base any expectations on.

I am now curious though about what the end-game is for all these Marvel Characters that are literally being woven into the same cinematic universe. I wonder how they will get, or if they will get, a giant movie cast of all the characters together to fight some epic battle where it requires everyone who was ever listed as an Avenger to come together...and how they'll even script something like that, when they had such a hard time doing 14 characters for Age of Ultron.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 13 Aug 2015, 10:07

Neo wrote:I saw Ant-Man a couple weekends ago. It was a typical Paul Rudd movie. I guess I wasn't expecting much ever since I saw they were doing it back in 2012. I had never heard of Ant-Man until then, and had nothing to base any expectations on.

I am now curious though about what the end-game is for all these Marvel Characters that are literally being woven into the same cinematic universe. I wonder how they will get, or if they will get, a giant movie cast of all the characters together to fight some epic battle where it requires everyone who was ever listed as an Avenger to come together...and how they'll even script something like that, when they had such a hard time doing 14 characters for Age of Ultron.
They are building up to just such a universal cross-over, actually. They're slowly building to Captain Marvel and then a full universal theme. It's a phased initiative. We're in phase 2 right now. Here is the list for phase 3:

They haven't announced the plans after that but I presume it'll depend on which other character rights they can acquire (please save the Fantastic Four, Marvel, pleeeeeeeeease).