Bring back my friends!
If it can't be real, it can be virtual. Pull up a chair, and hang out with everyone at The-Spot.NetCafé. Here you'll find discussions not suitable for other forums and their precious "topics of discussion."

Pam
The Love Goddess

Re: Bring back my friends!

by Pam » 16 Apr 2015, 21:30

My days are just so busy, it's crazy. Take last week, for example. Monday I thought I'd have an evening without having something to do...then my husband decides that we need to make phone calls to some of the scout troops to get information for our next meeting. Tuesday, is the next meeting. We have District Scout Committee meeting...YAY. not. Then Wednesday is when we actually have our regular scout activities. My husband is the Scoutmaster, so he works with scouts 12 and up. I'm the Assistant Cubmaster, so I work with scouts 8-10. SO. Much. fun. Then, on Thursday, which was my birthday, we had Twilight Camp training at 6, and then District Roundtable meeting at 7. I don't remember what happened on Friday. Saturday my husband was gone hiking with the scouts all day. I was...cleaning...or something. LOL. Luckily this week I only had 1 Scout meeting to go to, but I had another meeting on Tuesday. And then there are my side businesses which I try to keep busy with making money on.

What habit are you trying to break? I'm not sure I know what you are talking about.

Side note...I think I just killed a tick walking along in my house. Ick.

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 16 Apr 2015, 21:39

I made sure scouting did not take up that much time of my life. My wife would have KILLED me if I went to that many meetings all the time. Now it's just school taking up all my time. :( I'm so ready to have my nights back!
-D$
:ninja:

Neo
The One

by Neo » 16 Apr 2015, 21:44

The habit of giving 140-character responses in the form of status updates, and the feeling that you need to click an acknowledgement of something while thinking of what you would say - instead of actually saying something to someone.

That was one of the things that bugged me about my wife's facebook usage - she'd show me all these funny things by putting her phone in my field of view, but even if they were her friends, she wouldn't even acknowledge that she liked their post or why. On the other side there is my Uncle who clicks Like to indicate he read it.

"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 16 Apr 2015, 21:49

Neo wrote:On the other side there is my Uncle who clicks Like to indicate he read it.
YESSSSSS! That is my mom and my sister! Sorry Pam, but it's so true. Any time my wife or I post tons of pictures, they will go through almost every picture and like it. It gets quite annoying.
-D$

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 16 Apr 2015, 22:01

Neo wrote:That was one of the things that bugged me about my wife's facebook usage - she'd show me all these funny things by putting her phone in my field of view, but even if they were her friends, she wouldn't even acknowledge that she liked their post or why.
Ugh. That is SOOOO my husband. He is constantly trying to show me stuff he likes or thinks is funny, but he never really ever comments or "likes" anything. I never know if he has seen a post I made or anything! UGH!
DMoney19 wrote:
Neo wrote:On the other side there is my Uncle who clicks Like to indicate he read it.
YESSSSSS! That is my mom and my sister! Sorry Pam, but it's so true. Any time my wife or I post tons of pictures, they will go through almost every picture and like it. It gets quite annoying.
I don't click like on EVERY picture. Only the ones I really like! :-P I don't click like on every post or picture. Honestly. There are tons that I pass up on.

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 16 Apr 2015, 22:02

I like things that I agree with or support. Otherwise I don't. I'm judicial in my liking of things. That being said I'm careful with what I do or don't do on all my social media. I'll be blunt but it's considered bluntness.

Side note: I wish I was married. :(
The deeper darker me ever grows,
Until the light burns it apart,
Leaving behind my scorched and naked heart.

"Those who submit are not always weak" - Hyacinth

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 16 Apr 2015, 22:29

Honestly I hate Facebook. I only use it because there are some people I do want to keep up with, and that's what they use. I rarely "like" anything on there, even if I do like it. Normally if I do "like" something, it's because I REALLY like it.
-D$

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 16 Apr 2015, 22:37

I'm pretty sure you both had me on FB at one point but it's been a while.

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 16 Apr 2015, 22:49

^ yup, I actually looked for you the other day, and apparently you removed me :P It's ok though....I forgive you.
-D$

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 16 Apr 2015, 23:10

I think I removed most of my American friends during the last US election. I was going crazy watching the divide happen. I probably got you in that sweep by accident. But I found you again, so ball's in your court. :P

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 16 Apr 2015, 23:12

Oh yes...Elections get scary. Are you sure you want to be adding people now? Another election is right on it's way, and people are already filling up facebook about it.

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 16 Apr 2015, 23:15

I've learned how to unfollow people now so I can just not see their posts but I'm sure D$ will behave. I do have a whip if need be. ;)

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 16 Apr 2015, 23:23

I rarely post, and I don't think I've ever posted anything political (sometimes I'll comment). If I do post it's either something actually about me, or something religious (you can just ignore those if you want :P )
-D$

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 16 Apr 2015, 23:28

Yep, I ignore religious posts, even ones I agree with, because I'm pretty personal with my religious views.

Still amused you were looking me up though. Kind of thought everyone in TX forgot about me.

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 16 Apr 2015, 23:31

Well once we were both on here, it clicked in my brain that I hadn't seen any of your posts in a while, so I tried figuring out why.
-D$